Playlist of The Week

17:39:00


Here's what I've been listening to this week. You can listen here.

No Sense // Justin Bieber 
Justin has been releasing some banging tunes lately. So I checked out his album and if I'm being honest I'm a little disappointed. He definitely released its best tracks prior for its promotion. But this is a good tune. 

Sea of Voices // Porter Robinson 
This is a very atmospheric song. With few words it somehow manages to strike something in me. It's basically five minutes of atmosphere. Love this.

Maple Leaf // Some Kind of Illness
I reviewed Some Kind Of Illness' debut album here. This is probably my favourite song from the album but I really can't explain why. I really really love this. It's another atmospheric track and it isn't available on Spotify so it won't be on the playlist but you can check it out on band camp here.

Be There // Saint Raymond
This is probably my favourite song of Saint Raymond's. It begins as most Saint Raymond songs do. It sounds like a the 1975 inspired track with a high power intense chorus. It's melody is so catchy you'll get the tune in a flash. It'll have you screeching I WANNA BE THEEEEEEERE in no time. A high intensity feel good song to pick you when the winter blues are hitting. I particularly love the break down at 2:38. I get to see him in less than a week in Wednesday and I just can't wait.

Clarity // Zedd ft Foxes
The day after Saint Raymond I'm seeing Zedd in Dublin. I've never been to a gig like this before so I'm not too sure what to expect. Will it be like a night club? Just the same artist pressing buttons and playing his own songs all night? I'm not sure but I'm probably gonna be so tipsy everything's going to look and sound so beautiful I'll be loving life. But yeah this is my favourite of Zedd's songs so I've been listening to it to get me pumped up. 

Heroes // David Bowie 
I recently rewatched The Perks of Being a Wallflower which brought this song back to my attention. This song is a timeless classic and thanks to Perks it has been brought to a whole new generation of people who might never have heard it otherwise. I can't listen to this without getting very emotional, I'm brought back to the tunnel and feeling infinite and crying at finding such an incredible movie. 

When We Were Young // Adele
This song broke me. It's about life passing you by, growing older and suddenly realising it. It has some beautiful lyrics that melt the heart. Unfortunately I just discovered she isn't streaming this album, so you won't find this song in the Spotify playlist either. But I couldn't not include such an awesome track, I have been really listening to it all week since it the acoustic video was released. 

Magnets // Disclosure ft. Lorde
This song is just incredible. It makes me want to dance. I just can't listen to this without my hips swaying. It's so so so so good. A nice mix of chill and dance as usual from Disclosure. 

You & Me // Flume remix 
This is an old one that's creeped it's way back into my recently played. Flume are so underrated. Much like Disclosure they're wonderfully chill but remain upbeat enough to bop along to. Such a great song.

You can listen to all my other playlists here, and you can read the rest of weds here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe