My Daily Make Up Routine

17:14:00








Hi guys! I just thought I'd revisit an old post that I want to improve upon. Since the last time I wrote about my day to day make up look I've fallen more in love with make up. This love means I tend to wear more now than I did. I've tried out more make up and trusted brands I previously wouldn't have. You'll see some of my old favourites still in here though as I do have my holy grail products that I won't ever stray from. So, here's what's usually on my face on a daily go-to-college-come-home basis. 





I start by putting Johnsons daily essentials nourishing 24hour day cream all over my face. In winter I always have really dry skin but coming into summer I tend to have a very oily T-Zone. It still feels like winter here in Ireland though so I have yet to invest in another decent moisturiser, This works wonderfully to combat those horrible dry patches which burden my skin every winter. In warmer weather though this does very little for my T-Zone. Probably because it's for dry to combination skin (a duh). This works as a good base to hold on to my make up as I feel with a primer my make up can feel heavy and leaves me feeling uncomfortable and too made up.




Next I apply Nivea's Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturising Day Cream in Natural. I adore this stuff. While I don't suffer from breakouts very often, my skin can be very lackluster. I'm pale and I'm simply not the healthiest person ever. This gives me a more radiant glow and makes my skin actually look alive. It's also good for the skin as it isn't a foundation. I always go for a lighter feeling as I hate hate HATE heavy make up. I blob the liquid on the back of my hand and use my finger to place little dots on my face. I blend this out using my foundation brush until my entire face is blended. I pay particular attention to my under eye area as it has a tendency to crease in warmer weather coming into Spring. I save a little extra on the back of my hand for after I apply my concealer to blend in a bit more. 




Now I dab on my Collection lasting Perfection concealer. I have horrible blue under eye circles so I need a decent amount of this stuff. Even with that this stuff isn't exactly long lasting and will have mostly worn off by the time I return home in the evening. I apply the concealer in dots under the eye and blend out wards. I noticed this lasts longer if I apply concealer after my foundation as it has something to grip onto. I apply a tiny bit more foundation over my concealer to blend it again. 

I apply my eye shadow next and this changes day to day and depending on what I'm wearing. Recently I've been reaching for my MUA Undrees Me Too palette. I love almost every colour and whether you apply a block colour to the whole eye or chose a number of different shades and blend them together this palette has something for every occasion. Normally because time is of the essence before I have to run for my bus to college I opt for a block colour. Blending takes too much time man and it's only college. 



I move onto my eyes now and I line my upperlash line with Maybelline New York Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner. Daily I just stop at the corner of my eyes but this eyeliner makes it easy to perfect the winged look. I draw the outline first and then just colour within the line. I tend not to wear a think line as I want it to look more natural and enhance my lashes. 

Mascara comes next and the mascara I've been using the most recently is Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara. While I prefer the length and definition provided (unbelievably) by my Poundland(!!!!) mascaras this one is quicker and has a similar effect. My lashes are fuller but don't have the length I'd love. But I much prefer an extra ten minutes in bed over waiting for mascara to dry and adding another coat. 


Now comes powder and my current favourite is Collections Pressed Powder. I'm sure I don't have to go into detail on how I apply this. I do apply a little more liberally in my T-Zone when the weather is nice to rid that oily sheen. 

My blusher is one from a technic gift set. Sadly I've hit pan so I'll be looking out for a decent blusher very very soon. It's a deep but natural pink that is easily blended. It's a blush what more could I write about?

My final step is lipstick but again it depends on a day to day basis. I usually opt for Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Cedar. Other times I'll just go for my Chapstick. 


That's all for now. I'm on the look out for a new foundation, primer, moisturiser and blush so if any of you have recommendations please let me know. Anyway thanks for reading and be sure to check out my social media:

Twitter,
Facebook,
Tumblr,
Bloglovin
and
Google+

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love how that make up palette looks! Your routine sounds great :)

    Kisses, Kali
    www.kalisinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe