POTW #9 - Lovelorn

20:10:00




This week I had a little rummage through my older music collection, songs I'd listened to through my teenage years. From the age of around 15 I always felt a little lovelorn and down on the whole love and relationships thing. I don't even know why but my music library really shows it. So I thought I'd channel that into this playlist. You can listen as usual in Spotify here and you can check out all the other playlists here.

Bleeding Love // Leona Lewis 
"Nothing's greater than the rush that comes with your embrace," is a lyric I greatly appreciated at 15 but now that I really know what this means this lyric means a whole deal more.

Hey There Delilah // Plain White T's
This is such an iconic track that anyone anywhere knows the words to. It tells such a beautiful (if slightly sickly) love story of long distance but remaining so irrevocably in love.  Such a gorgeous song. I just love the love letter element here. Aaaahhhhh. 

About You Now // Sugababes 
This isn't deep or anything. I just seriously love this song and have done since I was 13. 

Always // Blink - 182
This a much more intimate love song though it isn't as blatant as most love songs. This is an honest song about young love that needs saving in times of trouble.  Blink 182 really know what they're doing.

Awake My Soul // Mumford & Sons
A slowly intensifying song. Brutally honest. Incredibly beautiful. 

Candles // Daughter 
This is more of a song about being used rather than loved. A wonderfully structured song with echoing lyricism that will haunt you forever.

Everlong // Foo Fighters
Everlong is one of the few Foo Fighters songs I actually like and by like I mean adore. The build up in this song is nothing if not euphoric and leaves the listener feeling a little lighter and more intensified. Listen to this full blast or not at all. 

Fire Alarms // Ed Sheeran 
A gentle more elegant ditty that's almost childish. But it's still so so beautiful. 

Don't You Remember // Adele
A bluesy song by the only woman in the world who can channel heart break into such relatable and emotion inducing music. I have never ever been through a situation even close to what Adele sings about but I still feel like I've been kicked in the heart when I listen to her. This songs a little different to the rest of her album but you can pick your own Adele song here, most will fit. 

Thanks for reading! You can see the rest of my November Blogging Challenge here. Keep checking back every day for new posts.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe