February Favourites

19:03:00


February always goes by so quickly and thankfully with March comes slightly warmer and brighter weather. I'm so over wearing three layers and making myself look 80. February was quite a busy month for me and I actually left the house several times (yaaaaaay Angela).  These are the things which I loved most in the month of February. 





This beautuful necklace was a Valentine's present and I absolutely adore it. Amethyst is my favourite gemstone. Originally this came with a shorter chain but I love longer chains to wear with dresses etc. Wonderfully though you can choose the chain size that you'd like. This necklace is handmade from DeeVibe. I discovered this beautiful jewellery and fashion designer on Instagram after I opened my gift. Her rings, and necklaces are my personal favourites and they are all handmade. This necklace in particular adds a pop of colour to my favourite black velvet dress and I just adore it. You can check out the store here. 




This is a dupe for the Naked 2 palette. I've talked about it in this blog post and this month I just realised how amazing it really is. Two of my friends who have the real palette let me swatch their eye shadows against this. I saw very little difference and when I did one eye with my palette and the other with theirs, the MUA offering lasted longer. Can I just remind everyone that this was only £4. Imma say that again.. FOUR POUNDS. I will honestly never pay £30 for eyeshadows especially when beautiful things like MUA eyeshadow palettes exist. 




Once again I've gushed about my make up brushes previously in this blog post. However upon purchasing and properly using my MUA palette I've realised just how amazing these brushes in particular are. Not only are the styled like the Bobby Brown make up brushes with their light wooden handle and black metal top, but they preform like high end brushes too. They make blending eye shadow a dream and I'm finally getting the hang of eye make up thanks to these beauties. Let me just say the entire set of 24 brushes was €5 on sale (if you make it quick you can get the whole 24 brush set for only 11 euro!).



Technic Lipstick in Plum - 

I found this at the bottom of my lipstick bag a few weeks ago and I almost died. It's such a gorgeous colour for nights out. I've been wearing this lipstick every time I don a grungy outfit. Black skinny jeans, a band shirt and a plaid shirt wouldn't be complete without this. Coincidentally I use a technic eyeshadow mini palette for my grunge eye make up which I've been using for over a year now. Both of them came in a huge makeup box I received as a Christmas present from my wonderful mum a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I can't find the exact shade anywhere online but I'm sure this beautiful colour couldn't have been cancelled.



These razors make my life so much easier. I'm cursed with thick, dark hair and previously smooth legs were things of dreams. These have changed EVERYTHING. The third week of February reminded me just how incredible these are when my local Boots store ran out of stock and I was left using Poundland's finest offering. NO. Not only did they not remove any hair but they cut like a bitch. Luckily a week later I restocked with Wilkinson Sword's Extra 3 and I'M SO SMOOTH I LOVE EVERYTHING I FEEL LIKE A GODDESS. They have an adjustable head so it moves to the shape of your body and therefore doesn't cut and removes more hair. Plus they're pink so they're uber cute. To be honest I'm not sure how much you can really write on razors but I think I've done enough. Just please check these out. 


GIRLS -

In January one of my best friends Erin recommend I watch this show. I cannot even begin to thank her enough because after starting the first episode at 1am, I was still awake at 6:30am loading the final episode of season one. It is written so beautifully and is so cleverly hilarious. It touches on real issues affecting young and modern women today and its characters are so beautifully varied. This show is like a breath of fresh air and I haven't been this invested in a tv show in so long. My ultimate favourite character is Jessa Johnanson played by Jemima Kirke. Kirke is a beautiful actress who perfectly portrays Jessa's character. Her "take no shit I'm gonna do me" attitude is something I envy and admire. If you haven't already watched this show then you absolutely need to. It's beyond incredible. CHECK IT OUT PLEAAASSEE. 




Saint Raymond - 

On the 13th of February I ventured down to Dublin with three of my friends to see Saint Raymond perform live in the Acadamy. I mentioned Saint Raymond in this blog post when he supported Ed Sheeran. It was based upon that performance which made myself and my friends do anything to see him again. His support act was a singer called RainyBoySleep who I later discovered was from my home county and he lives where I attend college. RainyBoySleep is now top of my Concert List. He writes his own music, plays guitar beautifully and his new song Manchester Post Box will be out soon. Saint Raymond was beyond words. He played all of his released music and even played two soon to be released tracks. 'I Want You' and 'Everything She Wants' were my personal highlights but his entire performance was absolutely phenomenal and it reminded of The 1975 gigs with gorgeously loud, fast guitars and a multitude of flashing lights. If you haven't listened to Saint Raymond or RainyBoySleep's music yet you can do so here and here.

Those were my favourites from this month. They were a tad mixed but hey there's more to life than my make up bag right? Be sure to check back regularly for more posts and updates. Thanks for reading. 
Also be sure to follow me on 

THAAAAANK YOOOUUU!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe