Confidence is Key

19:47:00

 



Around a year ago I was not a confident person. I was very very shy. But I was a very loud shy person. The voices in my head were all talking over each other so loudly that in order to hear myself at all in a moment of nerves I would laugh or talk loudly. I would avert my eyes from anyone I wasn't comfortable with. Many people didn't believe I was shy or introverted because my voice could be heard so often but they were very wrong.

Now I'm quite different. I'm not exactly Miss Cocky but I'm a lot further along than I once was. I talk openly to people. I no longer laugh loudly out of nerves but from genuine joy. I get a bus alone nearly every day and I don't feel like collapsing into the ground. 

My advice to anyone who feels they aren't up to scratch is this: Tell yourself that you are. Even if you don't believe it. Every morning look in the mirror and instead of focusing on something you don't like tell yourself you are confident and gorgeous. I promise you that if you tell yourself something enough you'll start to believe it. 

My second piece of advice is stop apologising unnecessarily to people. How many times do you hear YouTubers say "I'm sorry about my skin today," or "I'm sorry about my hair." In all honestly shut up. Don't apologise for your body. Don't apologise for normal things. Spots are normal. Hair is normal, both on your head and indeed hair anywhere on your body. Just weeks ago I would apologise to my boyfriend if my underarms weren't freshly shaved. Not anymore. I don't like having hair there so I choose to get rid of it. But if some days I don't feel like getting the razor out it's nothing to apologise for. 

Don't let the opinions of others stop you from doing what you want, particularly boys. My boyfriend doesn't particularly like it when I wear lipstick. But every day I wear it without fail because I LIKE IT. And at the end of the day that's all that matters. If you don't want to wear make up, don't. If you wanna shave your legs, shave them. If you wanna wear a short bodycon dress, wear it. Don't worry about what other people are thinking as truth be told they probably think you look good. 

Also please don't let fake feminists make you feel bad. Feminism is about equality and doing what you like without being judged. The golden rule of feminism is YOU DO YOU. Sleep around or don't, shave or don't. If you like wearing a certain kind of underwear because your partner likes them that isn't something to be ashamed of. If you get pleasure out of making your bae feel good DONT feel like you're a failure as a woman. 

Finally my advice will be do what makes you feel confident. Listen to music that makes you feel BOMB. Wear the shade of lipstick that makes you want to conquer the world. Don't take shit off anyone. 

This post comes after I've heard too many girls sound scared or not confident because of their own heads. But please remember that confidence comes with time. If you feel a little better each day then that is amazing progress and in a few months time you'll feel like Beyoncé. 



Thanks for reading and keep checking back for more updates. 

Check out my tumblr, Twitter, Instagram and blog lovin'

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe