Best Music Videos

22:23:00

I love music. I love the emotions that a song can evoke in people.Some believe that music videos are ruin songs and what music stands for. While I agree that a song alone should be able to tell a story or an emotion, I feel music videos are a wonderful way of driving the message of a song to the listener or viewer. Here are my five favourite music videos.

Afterglow - Wilkinson


This song on its own is a chill dance song perfect for a quiet night in. The song,accompanied by its video, is thought provoking and a wonderful insight into the real lives of a relationship. The video counts both the significant and every day occurances and events over the course of a five year relationship. Maybe it's the romantic within me but this video is such a great insight into a real relationship and everything that comes with it. 

For The First Time - The Script


The video linked here is the 15 minute extended version of the actual music video. Both of the videos follow the lives of an Irish couple trying to make their life in New York. In just 15 minutes I was taken on an emotion rollercoaster. Real love and doing exactly what's best for your lover is the meaning of this video. The actual video will explain the rest. 



All I Want - Kodaline



This video follows the life of a disfigured human who resembles that of a fairytale monster. But this monster has a heart of gold and is living in hell. His co-workers make fun and harrass him daily and even the well meaning office worker jumps at his sight. Unlike a lot a films and videos the character achieved happiness without changing his appearance which is something I love. While the song has nothing to do with the video it's still one of the best videos around. 


We Found Love - Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris



I see a theme emerging here but I literally don't care. This video is more aesthetically pleasing than the others. Bright colours and metaphors galore. A young love between two teenagers living life, getting high and doing anything but grow up. Both parties learn the hard way that life inevitably catches up with everyone and sometimes love can't conquer all.  

Robbers - The 1975



The 1975 are going to feature in every one of my music posts and I feel they deserve to. This is my absolute favourite video of all time. In the words of The 1975's lead singer Matty Healy "'Robbers' is an ode to those relationships. This video is about when love makes two people feel they are the centre of the universe." Watch Matty Healy rob a bank, point a gun at the love of his life and give his lover a questionable substance mid-movie. If you only watch one video on this list make it this one.  

That's all from me. If you have any music videos you'd like me to watch or think deserve more views comment below. Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to check out my social media.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe