This Weeks Playlist

21:44:00



This week I've been listening and looking for new music and rediscovering old songs that were hidden away in my 2,500 song strong iTunes library. I decided to put together my most played songs this week because who doesn't like listening to music and maybe you'll find a song or two you've never heard before.

Maybe, Maybe - Cam Nacson

I discovered this on Sunday night and I've been obsessed since. I'm a sucker for a soppy love song and this delivers exactly that. I'm in love with the lyricism of this. "I tried to play the hero for a girl that don't need saving" is an idea that isn't explored in music much and to hear a male vocalist sing of not wanting but needing to get the girl who isn't reliant on him is a fresh idea that I'd love to hear more of. I adore this song and I beg you to check it out.

Black Skinhead - Kanye West

This song was on the soundtrack for Wolf of Wallstreet and was the soul reason (apart from Leo's beautiful face) I wanted to see the film. This is such a great get pumped song. Having the ability to rap along to even four lines of this makes me feel BOSS and I live for that feeling. We all need to feel as confident as Yeezus sometimes so listen to this then go fuck shit up.

Nothing - The Script

Unfortunately I've fallen out with the Script after hearing their disappointing new album No Sound Without Silence. But nothing will take away from how The Script used to write and compose their music. What I love most about this band is their ability to tell a story through their songs. I have an image of a lovelorne soul trying to get the love of his life back again. Stumbling and muttering his feelings over the phone at 4am on a cold, damp Dublin street. Once again for The Scripts earlier work it is beautifully written. If you haven't heard this listen to it IMMEDIATELY..please.

Little White Lies - One Direction

I don't care what anyone says everyone loves chessy pop. EVERYONE. This song cheers me up no end and no matter if I feel like crumbling to the floor this song will lift my mood. Cast away the "ew boybands" mantra and just enjoy the music people. I honestly feel like jumping around my room like a 13 year old every.single.time the beat drops on this.

Welcome To The Jungle - Novo Amor

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Guns N Roses but the original song is one of my favourite rock songs of all time. This cover by Novo Amor is just beautiful. It's completely unrecogniseable. The musical accompaniment is so tender and gentle it's impossible to remember the rock original. This song was made for the Black by Lynx advert and as soon as I saw the 30 second ad I immediately reached for google. Since then this song has frequented my earphones. This beautiful indie folk cover is a must have for music lovers.

Robbers - The 1975

I honestly think I should just dedicate an entire blogpost to my love for this band. The 1975 have taken over my life for nearly two years now and they haven't dated one iota. At the moment this is my favourite of their songs but next week it'll be something completely different. That's the beauty of this band, they have such a wide collection of sounds and themes that no matter what I feel like I can find something which will fit perfectly. Also if you haven't witnessed the magnificence that is the music video for Robbers then you are missing out BIG TIME. Just.. go.. The 1975.. go.

The Hindu Times - OASIS

This track from Heathen Chemistry is a feel good song perfect for a sunny spring day. I shuffled my iPod as I walked some city streets as the sun warmed my skin and this song just warmed my heart. I wandered with a smile on my face and ignored the ominous grey clouds threatening from afar. This is my ultimate feel good tune.

Say You Love Me - Jessie Ware

Jessie Ware is one of the most underrated female singers. Her amazingly powerful yet subtle voice is really something to behold. All of her songs carry such emotion that can't be described and can only be heard. This love song is awe inspiring to me. Her writing ability and voice is enviable at least and at most glorious.

Only You - The 1975

I tried so hard not to include The 1975 twice but I'm hoping this once doesn't really count as it's a cover. Only You by Yazoo is a beautiful song in itself and I never thought the original could be improved on. That was until I stumbled upon this beauty three days ago. This was recorded in September 2013 and I have only just found it. That's two years of not having this phenomenal song in my library. Matty Healy brings an elegance once missing from the track and elevates the emotion behind the lyrics. An absolutely stunning cover.

Well that's my post for this week. I haven't written anything about music in a while so I thought it'd make a nice change. Thanks for reading and I hope you love these songs as much as I do. Be sure to check back for updates. I'm going to try and upload a new post every Saturday and Wednesday but you know how life gets in the way.

Be sure to follow my
Bloglovin
Twitter
Tumblr
& Instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe