POTW #10 - One Direction

14:16:00


Before I get into this I'd just like to say my thoughts are with those in Paris and France. What happened last night was an act of cowardice and I can't even begin to comprehend what would bring people to to perform such a vicious attack. May those who were innocently murdered rest in peace and I hope those responsible will be brought to justice for their barbaric actions. This post is some light relief.. Or not depending on your thoughts of One Direction. 

One Direction have just released their fifth studio album ahead of what they are calling a year long break. On Thursday just gone they performed their first Radio 1 live lounge ever. In which they sang Torn. To any One Direction fan that song brings back memories of X Factor and curly hair and video diaries. It marks the start of the worlds biggest boy band. The song awoke 13 year old Ang who loved the band so much that every Monday she'd rush home just to see five boys sit on stairs and talk crap. So here I've compiled a list of the 10 best One Direction songs ever, in my opinion. 

I Would
An old school but such a happy tune. This was my jam three years ago and it 1000% still is.

I Should Have Kissed You 
This was the B side to One Thing and I OBSESSED. To this day every time I hear it I'm brought back to my bedroom and my cracked iPod touch and my Harry Styles screensaver. 

Over Again
OLD SCHOOL AND EMOTIONAL. Written by Ed Sheeran so a guaranteed great song. This is another one that brings me WAAAAAY back to being so excited because my two favourite artists had created a song together. 

Best Song Ever
I think I love this because it was played at my fifth year formal. I expected everyone to roll their eyes judgementally and scoff. Instead everyone headed to the dance floor and belted out every word, even the lads. I have such good memories of this song. It's such a feel good, sing in the shower song. 

Strong 
The chorus of this is enough for Strong to make it into this playlist. Belt it out, fake emotion, BUT I DON'T CARE I'M NOT SCARED OF LOOOOOOOOOOOVE. Just amazing. 

Happily
I usually listen to One Direction to cheer up. Their upbeat tunes instantly bring a smile to my face. This song is the pinnacle of my happy song. I dance and sing and smile so brightly I look mentally ill. But I LOVE this.

Little White Lies
The reason I love this song? THE DROP. I FEEL LIKE MY WORLD IS ON FIRE WHEN THE BEAT DROPS IN THIS. It's also the first properly sexual song of theirs so yano. YOU KNOW YOU WOULD GIRL. 

18
This was written by Ed Sheeran so it was obvious before anyone even heard it that this would be an incredible song. Emotional tbh. 

Change Your Ticket
This screams the 1975 so I was obviously going to include it here. Upbeat and preppy and such a good mood lifter.

Perfect 
This may be a brand new song but it's already made it into my One Direction hall of fame. HARRYS VOICE, THE SINGABILITY OF EVERY LYRIC, BLACK AND WHITE BAND MEMBERS. Honestly this is such a great tune and it will be FOREVER. 

I really really hope this isn't the end of One Direction. I'm a low key huge fan who pretends to have outgrown them, but belts out every breath to every one of their songs. Thanks for reading. You can listen to the playlist here and find the other playlists of the week 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe