Thank You Charly Cox

21:35:00

This post is inspired by Charly Cox. She has been a longtime favourite blogger of mine simply because she's different. She can put into words what I cannot and I envy her talent to an indescribable degree. While I love her, I had fallen behind on reading her posts. Today I read this.

This post was exactly what I needed. If you know me and read this blog I'd like to apologise for its falseness of late. I'm not a beauty blogger. Have you seen me in real life?! I don't care about high end makeup brands. I care about having money for concerts and gigs, for dates and cinema. I do not give a fuck about a new bottle of NARS sheer glow. I don't have a style, and if I do it's a very boring one.

I got lost in the YouTube videos and blogposts. I write now with no light behind my eyes. I lost my passion. I don't really have a any passion anymore. My interests fluctuate from day to d
ay. I don't know who I am or what I'm supposed to be doing and I guess that is the point of this post.

What I do know about myself is that I'm not a beauty blogger. I'm not a fashion blogger. Fuck it I'm not even a blogger. I'm a teenage girl barely coping with life. I rely almost solely on my iPod for moral support save my best friends and boyfriend. I don't care too much if my eyeshadow creases and I still don't know how to gauge what shade of foundation I should buy. So here's what's going to happen;

I'm not going to write if I'm not passionate. I'm not gonna let my fingers forcefully glide over a keyboard and type words I don't care about. When I'm passionate I will write. When I'm not, I won't. Some days I might write a review of a foundation because I just really really love it and others I might write about what it's like inside my head when I just sit and watch birds fly.


 I'd like to thank Charly of stylethenatives for letting me feel like I wasn't talentless, my passion just disappeared and I don't doubt for a second that it will be ignited soon. And even if it takes a while that isn't a bad thing either. I'm not going to force it. I will write because I love to and you won't see another make up tutorial on this blog again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe