Uninspired

22:49:00

(This photo is completely irrelevant to the following post but it's one of my favourite pictures and I do not own it. But to whoever does thank you so much.) 


I have dreams of strolling into a bookshop and seeing my own book on a shelf. Just as when I see To Kill a Mockingbird now, I wish to lift the book from its temporary home and flick through its pages. My heart will feel light and my being will be warmed as if catching up with a beloved old friend. 

I have so many ideas. My mind explores its never ending vastness on a daily basis. I have potential and an ever expanding vocabulary. But it just isn't working out. I write every day. But where is my book? Where are my short stories? They've become lost in a sea of boredom, Instagram and early mornings. 

I browse tumblr every day and see creative thinkers. My entirety is overcome with jealousy when I see a beautiful hand made piece of art, the talent it takes to make that is something I hate because I don't posses it. I live in a near constant feeling of inability and talentlessness. 
Laziness has too much to do with how I feel. I don't exactly come from a pro active family so really going after what I want wasn't really a thing when I was young, and this is a mindset that has been carried on into my young adulthood. 

So this is a post about how I'm going to go after what I want a little more. I'm not gonna pretend I'll be marching into a bookshop demanding a job, I'll be keeping it more tame but even tamely going after what I want will bring more things my way. I'm making a list in my mind of what I'd like to do so that will be tomorrow's WEDS but for now this is my post. 

Follow my social media pleeeeaaasse. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe