Thrifting / Charity Shop Haul

23:03:00

I never thought I'd see the day when I openly shopped for clothes in charity shops. 16 year old Angela would walk Scarlett faced from a charity shop dragging my antique loving father out hoping no one had seen me. However last week I learned that some hidden gems can be found in the sometimes messy and chaotic rails of a charity shop. Here's what I've accumulated over the last 2 weeks.


Tartan Skirt



When I bought this skirt it was a size 14, three sizes bigger than me. But I saw a project and for €2 how could I turn this beauty down. Coming into Autumn/Winter this skirt is gonna be a staple for me. It's thick material will keep me warm on those chilly autumn days and it can be dressed up and down so it's multifunctional. It even has a side zip for an even more flattering fit. I LOVE this and you'll be seeing it a lot more.

Moroccan Style Scarf



Another winter staple here in the form of this beautifully embroidered scarf. You probably can't tell from the photo but it's so thick and big that it's the perfect combat to Irish winters. It's long enough to be worn in a variety of ways and the embroidery is absolutely beautiful and not out of place is the multicoloured and beautiful Moroccan street markets. 

Striped Navy / Cream Blouse

I'm not a blouse wearer. My style is a little less refined and girly for blouses but I couldn't walk past this. I love the collar and the stripes. It's a size larger than my own but once the sleeves are rolled up you can barely tell. €2 for a piece that can be worn with jeans or skirts for when I want to look more lady like is an absolute steal. Perfect for drinks with the girls.

Black Zipped Circle / Skater Skirt



Skater skirts are my favourite kind of skirt. Their flowyness hides my lack of a figure, they draw attention to my small waistline and they're so easy to style. This skirt is different to the rest of my skater 
skirts. It lacks the elasticated waistband and instead has a zipper at the back. The material is less stretchy than most but falls in a beautifully elegant way and teamed with a blouse like the one above it would make a wonderfully but together yet easy outfit. €1 people ONE EURO!


Top shop Petite Coat 



This is my final and by far best find. And yes it is another winter piece but could be a staple for me. I saw this and couldn't believe my eyes. A practically unworn coat with an buttonable hood and pockets that had yet to have the temporary embroidering removed. The inside is a lovely polka dot satin as is the SOMETHING in the hood. This would be wonderful worn with a pair of jeans as it doesn't cover the ass so you can still show off your assets (if, unlike me, you have them). It's warm and so adorable and is the perfect size for me. And what makes it even better is how much I snapped this gem up for. THREE EURO. €3. THREE. EURO. FOR A Topshop winter coat. Amazing.

New Look Bag



I've needed an easy throw over your shoulder already has everything bag for aaages and for the life of me couldn't find a nice one. I normally steer away from brown just as a general rule but as Soon as I saw this I knew it'd be an exception. In saying that there's nothing too exceptional about this bag but I know for autumn it's gonna be a handy all day bag that will hold everything I need from a day trip to a quick nip to the shops. Also a New Look bag for €2? Had take it home.


See Through White Over Shirt

This is definitely not a top for winter but when layered it would make a beautiful casual top. In the summer months it could easily be taken to the beach to put over your bikini. I've been wearing it over my workout clothes for an extra layer now that the weather has become slightly more chilly. Even pair it with some leggings for a laid back and slouchy outfit. And it covers the ass so even Primark leggings can't stop me wearing this.



Burgundy Sweater 

This has the potential to either be a plain throw on or a more sporty piece. I'm in two minds as to whether or not I should cut this up into a cropped sweater or leave it be as a nice plain winter warmer. Either way for €2 it's definitely going to be worn. I think with black jeans or even with lazy grey sweat pants this could really tie an outfit together.

I apologise for my somewhat lacking creative descriptions of the items here but there's photos so hopefully that helps. After finding all these in just 2 trips I'm definitely going to be hitting the charity shops up more often and I'm helping good causes. 16 year old Angela once again was wrong. 

I hope you enjoyed this and be sure to follow me on my social media. Thanks for reading. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe