My Anxiety Playlist - POTW #16

16:19:00




If you suffer from anxiety it can be difficult to perform even the most easiest and every day tasks. Saying hello to the childhood friend you bump into, asking for help in a shop or even simply getting to sleep can prove to be impossible tasks. I've suffered from anxiety for as long as I remember, whether I knew it at the time or not. And in that time I've tested so many non medicated anxiety cures. Most of which did nothing for me. Apart from music. You can tell by my other playlists, and posts in general, that music is a huge passion of mine so it's really comes as no surprise that music is what I use to calm my busy and over thinking head. I don't just shuffle my iPod when I need to calm myself though. I've discovered that playing loud music works best. It drowns out all the background noise and also helps to shut up the white noise in my head. This method is fine when I can just space out and not have to participate in anything. But we all know that real life doesn't stop because anxiety flares up and more often than not I need to be somewhere or do something, usually in public and with people I don't know, when my anxiety is in full throttle. During these times I have a separate playlist of quieter, more mellow songs that I can listen to on the go when my eyes and ears need to be on high alert. So today I have for you the two playlists I listen to in order to quell my over active and sometimes self destructive mind.


                 LOUD                                                                         Quiet 

Backseat Serenade // All Time Low                             EASE // Troye Sivan                    
Blood Hands // Royal Blood                                          Firefly // Ed Sheeran
A Certain Romance // Arctic Monkeys                        Fireproof // One Direction
Closer To The Edge // Thirty Seconds To Mars         Forever // Chris Brown 
Coffee Shop Soundtrack // All Time Low                   Fools // Troye Sivan
D is For Dangerous // Arctic Monkeys                       Head.Cars.Bending // The 1975
Dance, Dance // Fall Out Boy                Hold On We're Going Home // Drake
Dead! // My Chemical Romance                                 Holocene // Bon Iver 
Dog Days Are Over // Florence + The Machine         I Want You // Saint Raymond 
Don't Stop // 5SOS                                                        Jaded // Disclosure
Everlong // Foo Fighters                                               Latch // Disclosure
Famous Last Words // My Chemical Romance          Lego House // Ed Sheeran
Figure It Out // Royal Blood                                         Like Real People Do // Hozier
The Ghost of You // My Chemical Romance              Magnets // Disclosure 
The Girl's a Straight Up Hustler // All Time Low     Masterpiece // Disclosure
Helena // My Chemical Romance                                Medicine // The 1975
Here's Your Letter // Blink 182                                   Omen // Disclosure 
Hole // Royal Blood                                                       Ribs // Lorde
Hospital For Souls // Bring Me The Horizon             Tenerife Sea // Ed Sheeran
I Bet You Look Good... // Arctic Monkeys        Toothpaste Kisses // The Maccabees
If I'm James Dean, ... // Sleeping With Sirens           Where We Land // Ed Sheeran
I'm Not Okay // My Chemical Romance                    WILD // Troye Sivan
Kings and Queens // Thirty Seconds To Mars           You & Me // Disclosure
Little Monster // Royal Blood                                      Youth // Troye Sivan
Lost In Stereo // All Time Low                                    18 // One Direction
Missing You // All Time Low                                                                 
My Life Would Suck Without You // Kelly Clarkson
No Control // One Direction                                                                 
One Last Time // Ariana Grande                                                              
Peanut Butter Jelly // Galantis                                                             
Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secure // Arctic Monkeys
Savannah // Reliant K                                                              
Sex // The 1975                                                                
Sleep Walking // Bring Me The Horizon                                                         
Somewhere In Neverland // All Time Low                                                        
Still Take You Home // Arctic Monkeys                                                         
Teenagers // My Chemical Romance                                                          
Ten Tonne Skeleton // Royal Blood                                                         
Time Bomb // All Time Low                                                           
Untouched // The Veronicas                                                       
What I Like About You // 5SOS                                                     
 505 // Arctic Monkeys                                                          

I hope this was at least some help if you do suffer my anxiety and if not I hope you at least discovered some new music you enjoy. Thanks for reading and be sure to follow my social media:
Twitter - @angtweetslife
Instagram - @rad.nano
Snapchat - @angsnapslife

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe