Playlist of The Week #13

17:46:00



You may have noticed there was no playlist last week. That's simply because I hadn't listened to any music other than the Dodie playlist I made. I'm still slightly obsessed but I've managed to pull myself away from the sound of her ukulele to find and enjoy the following ten songs. You can listen to this playlist on Spotify here or right down there! 


Secrets // Jacob Whitesides

This is just a love song with such a euphoric chorus. I adore the structure and sound of this. It never fails to put a smile on my face. For some reason it reminds me of Savanah by Reliant K which is an all time fave of mine. I'll definitely be keeping more of an eye out for Mr. Whitesides from now on.

Electric Love // BØRNS

Another upbeat song about falling in love. It sounds like it would fit into any indie rom com so is it really a surprise that I like this? I find myself screaming along to the chorus no matter where I am, it's that feel good. 

Colours // Halsey

Halsey is really starting to rise to fame and with songs like this it's really no wonder. Her lyricism can't be faulted and the imagery in this song is seriously why I adore it. 
"You were red and you liked me cos I was blue. You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky til you decided purple just wasn't for you."
HOW CAN YOU NOT JUST LOVE THAT?! Honestly I'm so in love. If there's just one song you listen to on this playlist make it this.

UGH! // The 1975

This song is The 1975 summed up in one very 80's kitsch pop song. With a breakdown that sounds like it could belong in a crappy space film and big words that only The 1975 could make work there's no way a fan of the band couldn't love this. 

The Zone // The Weeknd ft Drake

I found this song YEARS ago and it was the gateway into both The Weeknd and Drake. I rediscovered it a few days ago and fell in love all over again. I love the echoi-ness and emptiness of it and how that translates to its lyrics. I also love how it just makes your hips move absentmindedly. A classic I'll never fall out of love with.

Or Nah // Ty Dolla $ign (feat The Weeknd, Wiz Khalifa and Dj Mustard Remix)

I'm not going to lie the only reason this song is here is for The Weeknd. I'm OBSESSED with his verse. He makes music that makes me want to literally throw all my clothes off. I want to wear all black skin tight clothes and stilettos with the darkest red lipstick after this song comes on. If you want a confidence boost check this out.

To Ü // Skrillex and Diplo ft Aluna George 

Honestly there's nothing really to say about this. It's a great get pumped song and an even better dance song. I can see myself drunkenly going crazy when this comes on at a club. 

Heartbeat // Childish Gambino 

I think I've talked about this before in another playlist but yet again, I rediscovered this and I'm obsessed. The story this tells is so real and told so well. Some of his lyrics are just out of this world -
"69 is the only dinner for two."
"I'm going straight for your thighs like the cake you ate."
SERIOUSLY WOW.

The Girl is Mine // Destiny's Child feat 99 Souls

A song that means Destiny's Child will be played in clubs on the reg? Why wouldn't you be behind that?!? Depending on the level of the night out this could be the song you dance to as you order your next drink or take a lil sit down break to while still dancing and singing from the waist up. 


Make Me Proud // Drake ft. Nicki Minaj 

I started listening to the album Take Care for the first time this week and I'm obsessed. It's hard to choose but this is my favourite. This gives me a lil boost for some reason. I'm NOTHING like the girls he's singing about but it still makes me feel like I'm doing something right in my life. Plus Nicki so how couldn't I love this. 

Thanks for reading and be sure to check back every Wednesday and Saturday for new posts! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe