Playlist of the Week #3 - Alternative & Indie Heaven

21:18:00

I've been told on multiple occasions that my music taste is rather indie (mostly by my boyfriend who knows about 100 songs all together). But I started making a playlist of my favourite songs and realised that actually yeah, there are so so so many indie bands that I listen to. So here's my playlist of the week the indie edition. You can listen to the playlist on Spotify and 8tracks.

1 - Shiver // Amber Run

I've already spouted on about my love for Amber Run. They aren't the stereotypical indie band but they definitely fit into this playlist. This particular song is probably my favourite of theirs, not just for the emotive lyrics and high notes that make you feel you're right there with the band but for the memories along with it.You can read about these memories here. An all round incredible song and band.

2 - Great Escape // Saint Raymond

The second Nottingham native in the playlist is singer- songwriter Callum Burrows, better known as Saint Raymond. This is his latest offering and I absolutely adore it. Euphoric chorus and subtle summery sounds combine here to make an amazing tune. Check should check out his debut album which was released just a week ago. This man deserves so much recognition.

3 - Honest // The Neighbourhood

Sultry and atmospheric is how I will describe The Neighbourhood. Most widely known for the incredible song Sweater Weather this band never fails to impress me with their unique sound and their ability to jump from sexy R&b to cinematic and back to sultry.

4 - High Hopes // Kodaline

While Kodaline have disappointed me with their second album nothing can relinquish my love for their debut album In A Perfect World. This is song matches this playlist better than All I Want which I still adore but you gotta mix it up a bit. Any of Kodalines earlier songs would have fit here so mix and match at your leisure.

5 - Hear Your Heart // James Bay

OH HOW I WISH I MANAGED TO GRAB TICKETS TO SEE THIS WONDERFUL MAN PERFORM LIVE ONCE AGAIN BUT I DIDN'T SO I JUST GOTTA PLAY HIS MUSIC VERY LOUDLY IN MY ROOM AND MAKE DO.

6 - Sedated // Hozier

OH HOW I WISH I MANAGED TO GRAB TICKETS TO SEE THIS WONDERFUL MAN PERFORM LIVE BUT I DIDN'T SO I JUST GOTTA PLAY HIS MUSIC VERY LOUDLY IN MY ROOM AND MAKE DO. Also s/o to my friend Erin who gets to see him and James Bay perform live at Longitude in a week. I hate you but I don't.

7 - Candles // Daughter

I feLl in love with this song three years ago and rediscovered it last weekend and it brought back everything I felt the first time I heard it. Youth and sex and love are all covered in this song and good Lord I absolutely love it.

8 - Kathleen // Catfish and the Bottlemen

While they remain an indie band I love their punk sound too. Everything about this band screams indie. Members dressed head to toe in black, reluctantly being interviewed and keeping themselves to themselves. I love this song and I hope you do too.

9 - Balaclava // Arctic Monkeys

Another heavier track here but how could you not include this amazing band in this playlist. I sing every word with as much passion as it deserves. Perfect for a good indie rock out.

10 - Robbers // The 1975

You thought I managed to get through one playlist without them LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. This band can't be closed into one genre. Their 80's sounds, pop inspired tracks and r&b covers make it impossible to define this bands over all genre and sound but this song most definitely fits into this playlist. An ode to the type of all consuming relationships which every human longs for, this song should be in every playlist ever created, it just belongs perfectly here.

I've made a Spotify and 8tracks playlist for these songs so I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading and check out my social media.

- instagram
- twitter
- tumblr
- facebook

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe