June Favourites

22:58:00

I was no way near as active on this blog as much as I wanted to be this month but I'll try much harder in July. I thought a good way to get back into the blogging thing would to do the typical favourites post so here we go.


Fashion:

Square Neck Zig Zag Dress - Topshop 

THANK THE LORD FOR TOPSHOP SALES. Holy lord. I'd been eyeing up this beauty for over a month but couldn't convince myself I would have enought excuses to wear it. However when Topshop popped up their sale signs I was all over this dress. It was down to nearly half price. I snapped it up for just £18. I love that this dress is a little different with its Aztec-esque print and off yellow and black design. What I love most about this is that it has POCKETS. ACTUAL FUNCTIONAL POCKETS. They are deep enough to easily hold a phone or iPod but  the flowyness of this dress means I wouldn't trust it to securely hold a phone if you were to go clubbing. But for strolling the streets of a city on a warm summers day these pockets are INVALUABLE. This beautiful piece could be used as a day and night piece, dress it down with docs or a nice pair of flats or dress it up with a chunky heel and you're sorted. IN LOVE. 


Dungarees - New Look

Due to my deep love for friends I've secretly been a fan of 90's style for a while. I've never been brave enough to wear much of this style before. But I couldn't resist these dungarees as I was perusing New Looks generation 9-15 section. Yes, I do shop in the childrens section and yes I'm not screaming the fact from the roof tops. But due to my small frame these clothes fit me better than regular clothes that are designed to be baggy. I don't wanna look like I'm drowning in denim so kill me. ANYWAY once again the number and depth of pockets in these dungarees fascinates me to a degree I can't quite articulate. I pair this with a cropped white tee and my Doc Marten wanna-be's from River Island. A pair of tights can always be thrown on underneath to beat the fickle Irish weather.


Nike Free Runs 

I've never EVER been a huge fan of trainers/running shoes before. I always thought they looked chavy and just didn't this the bulkyness of them went well with anything other than fitness wear which I never previously wore. I could also never imagine paying such exorbitant prices for shoes I'd wear just to exercise (aka never). Nike had always been the only exception for me when it came to trainers. Their sleeker lines and more fitted style match my style well. So I took the dive a week ago and bought a pair. They're black which is the only colour of running shoe I'd ever buy. And yes, I did buy them in the kids section cos I'm size four and they're £20. They haven't left my feet since. I've never known comfort like this. I've worn nothing but converse and primark flats for about three years so my feet finally know what it feels like NOT to feel every crevice of the ground as I walk. 


Primark Fitness Leggings

Thanks to buying my Nike's and my fathers recent plunge in health I've been motivated to look after myself a little better. I've not had much faith in Primark leggings of late, either drowning in fabric around my knees or having to constantly check that my ass is covered by my top due to the see throughness of the leggings. But I bought these and hoped the lyrca like fabric would fit my body tighter than the rest and that the grey design would keep my my little pony knickers invisible to the public. They do exactly that and even better knicker outlines aren't an issue either. I easily wear these without a long top to cover up with no worries whatsoever.


Beauty



MUA Lipstick in Shade 11 

ONE POUND. ONE. POUND. I got two shades 16 Nectar and Number 11 but was disappointed with the 16 Nectar. But Number 11 is the perfect nude lip colour for me. The colour pay off is amazing considering the price and it has a very hydrating formula. I also loved the little unscrewable pot on the botton which was filled with more product. I use this to line my lips with a lipbrush before I put the lipstick on from the bullet. Yet another gem from MUA. 


Boots Botanics Micellar Water

I was an avid water and cotton pad girl as my skin was clear enough save the odd spot every now and again. But two weeks ago I broke out on my chin and had enough of my bumpy skin so thought I'd try this. Three days after starting to use this my spots were gone and my skin was slightly softer. It disolves make up and waterproof mascara as it promises so what else can you ask? I wouldn't say I'm 100% converted and I'll probably return to my holy grail if my skin continues to be clear but for clearing my skin so quickly I definitely loved this product this month.



Music

Coffee - Miguel

I've had a soft spot for Miguel since I heard Adorn waaaaay back in 2013, a year after its release. I love his ability to have such a chilled sound while simultaneously having some of the most beautiful lyrics I've ever heard. I've yet to hear another voice with such a beautiful tone perfect for r&b and pop alike. Sidenote: I find the music video to this song wonderfully addictive and a good representation of relationships behind closed doors so check that out in the link to the song.


Where are U - Skrillex, Diplo and Justin Beiber 


Everyone needs a good pick me up song that makes you wanna jump and dance around like an idiot and this is the song that's done that for me this month. I've watched about 30 dance tutorials for this song in the last fortnight alone and have managed to tackle none of them. But the thought and ambition was there. There's nothing much technical about this song that I like apart from the INCREDIBLE beat drop. 


Shirtsleeves - Ed Sheeran


As an avid Ed fan I heard this song for the first time over a year ago when his softmore album dropped. I loved it then with its vivid lyricsm that makes you fall even harder for Ed. For some reason this song fell off my radar for a good few months and it magically reappeared when I shuffled my iPod a few weeks ago. I fell head over heels once again and it was like finding the love of your life again after years apart. I cried AGAIN over the song and felt something I hadn't in so so so long. Here's to Ed Sheeran and his ability to make me emotional for no actual reason. 


Books 



Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell


Most will know Rainbow Rowell ( what an awesome name ) for her debut novel Eleanor and Park. I, like most, read that first and loved what I found. Immediately after finishing it I downloaded Fangirl. I had the intentions of finishing it as quickly as I had Eleanor and Park but unfortunately life got busy and I simply forgot about it. I rediscovered it in my iBooks just days ago and I already love it. I love the modern take on writing in the book combined with the classic heart throb who's sadly already taken. I'm only half way through but I can tell I'm going to finish it in just days. 


TV Shows 



Parks and Recreation


CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THIS SHOW PLEASE. Subtle and sarcastic humour is my absolute favourite and this show provides exactly that. Plus it does the thing I find most hysterical - breaking the fourth wall. It's a mockumentary show about a government Parks and Recreation sector of the small and very normal fictional town of Pawnee. Amy Poehler plays a hard working Parks and Rec head. My wonderful boyfriend downloaded every season of this show and so far we've marathoned it every time we've been at each others houses. Despite its humourous intent you will fall for its characters while laughing quietly at the not to obvious humour. If I could sum this how up in two words it would be one liners. Just watch it.

Those were my June favourites. Sorry I didn't take my own photos but lighting just wasn't my friend today.I promise I'll be more active this month. Thanks for reading and be sure to follow my other links here: 

twitter
tumblr
facebook
instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe