Playlist of The Week #2

20:00:00

Hello! This week I've been listening to more upbeat songs than usual. This is probably because I'm free from college and I'm actually happy. It could also be because the darkness of winter has finally left and the bright and perkiness of spring is upon us. Either way my playlists have had to alter to fit my happier mood. Songs you can sing passionately along to and ones you can dance around to are what's in this playlist. It's perfect to listen to as you get ready for a night out or just to dance around to while you're alone or, if you're like me, in the company of your bemused boyfriend. Either way here we go.

Pumpin' Blood - NONONO

This song was released almost a year ago today. I first heard this as it was on a BBC Radio One advert and its upbeat whistling and happy sound was exactly what I needed to help me through my exams. This song makes me wanna jump around and sing into whatever's nearest. Even if you can't whistle do it anyway.

Sex - The 1975

I'm not even going to apologise for featuring this magnificent band again. Get used to it man. This is my favourite song by The 1975 and it's probably one of their most upbeat apart from Girls.It's worth a listen just to hear the bae Matty Healy say "If we're gonna do anything we might as well just fuck."

Flawless - Beyoncé

Feminism, body positivity and a beat which will get stuck in your head, this song has everything you need to feel good. For many this song teaches the real meaning of feminism thanks to a sample of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie speaking at a TEDTALK. Dance like Beyoncé and feel like you can stamp down the ego of every boy who ever fucked you over. You deserve it.

Lost In Stereo - All Time Low

Pop Punk is one of my favourite genres to listen to before I head out clubbing. It inspires me to dress all in black and feel waaay more confident than usual. This song is everything you need in a pop punk song. Catchy lyrics and just enough guitar that you can headbang a little without looking like a wanna be. Scream these lyrics guys. 

Animals - Martin Garrix

I like to ignore the fact that Mr.Garrix is just 17 when I listen to this because I actually want to feel good about myself. This song is particularly appropriate if you are actually going clubbing. Even though it's a lyric-less song I usually still sing along to the tune. Animals will make you sticky-sweaty club ready and put you in the mood to do the only dance moves clubs allow - jump and put your hands up. 

Get On Your Knees - Nicki Minaj ft. Ariana Grande

Another perfect song to make you feel bomb. This time this song makes me feel like I want to lead on those annoying handsy guys in clubs whose hands wander to places you never ever wanted when you just walk past them. Let this song inspire you to get a free drink outta them desperate guys and leave them standing at the bar as you walk off with a guy considerably hotter than them.

Miami 2 Ibiza - Swedish House Mafia ft. Tinie Tempah

This is the perfect mix of club pop and rap. I know every word and so do most teens. It'll evoke feelings for going on a MAD night out and waking somewhere that isn't your bed with a head aching so badly you can hardly open your eyes. Or it'll just make you rap along to every word. Whatever floats your boat.

Dance, Dance - Fall Out Boy

One of the few Fall Out Boy songs whose title is less than ten words. Once again I mumble along to every syllable of this while prancing about manically. It also contains the lyric"I only want sympathy in the form of you crawling into bed with me" which is enough in itself to pump you up. 

Call My Name - Cheryl

Nearly three years old and this song still hasn't left any of my playlists. Its summery pop sound is all you need to feel upbeat. Fifteen year old Ang knew all the moves to this song and Eighteen year old Ang is known to still perform them. Calvin Harris brings a club element to this track so it fits both I WANNA JUMP AROUND and I WANNA FUCK SHIT UP moods. 

GDFR - Flo Rida

I just wanna dance when this song comes on. My hips roll and my chest pops as soon as the chorus hits. I'm not the biggest FLO fan excluding, of course, Low which moulded my tween years. This is the only other Flo Rida song that has ever made it into my iTunes library. Please play this full blast and dance from start to finish. 

Trini Dem Girls - Nicki Minaj

The final song in this playlist and it's another one to move your hips. It also brings a sense of confidence to anyone who listens. Perfect for anyone getting pumped before getting wasted or just dancing in their rooms while making sure no one walks in. 

That's my playlist of the week. If you liked let me know and tell me what's in your happy/ get pumped playlist. Thanks for reading. 

Make sure to check out my social media too. The links are in the menu at the top of the page. Thanks again for reading :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe