Beauty on a Budget

21:54:00




The post Christmas scrimp has been in full force in these past weeks. This bag, that coat and those shoes were totally worth the stomach churning bank balance. I decided to take my lack of moolah as a chance to try out cheaper make up brands I'd previously avoided for fear of bad quality products. In all honesty I've never been able to convince myself that paying £30 / 45 EURO for a set of eye shadows is a purchase worth making. But I've always been skeptical of lipsticks for .50c. But I hit this shops with a light heart and an even lighter purse and I was very pleasantly surprised with what I found. Here are my favourite budget beauty products:

 




Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick - £1.99

I had been looking for a decent lipstick for quite some time. Rimmels Kate Moss lipstick collection lacked the shade I wanted so I decided to check out Boots Natural Collection stand. Everything there was £1.99 and by god was there a lot of products. I dived head first into the lipstick section and was amazed at the range of colour available. I immediately found the shade I wanted and after a quick swatch test the lipstick was in my basket. The shade I have is "cedar" and it remind me of my mums "Panda Me" MAC lipstick. This lipstick as you'll guess from the name is hugely moisturising but it doesn't leave your lips feeling greasy. It lasts for around 3-4 hours and doesn't leave the annoying ring around the lips after it has worn off. This is a definite must buy for any make up scrounger around.You can check this lipstick out here.

 MUA Eye Shadow Palette in "Undress Me Too" - £4.00

 This is probably my favourite of my budget beauty purchases. The neutral shades are perfect for blending and are so long lasting. I actually still can't get over just how long they last. The collection of 12 shades is insanely similar to the NAKED 2 palette and is a fraction of the price. Unbelievably this is probably the best set of eye shadows I've ever purchased and I will definitely be re-buying this. This would be perfect for every day eye and night out eye shadow looks. You can buy this item here.

 Poundland Mascara - £1

 In my nearest Poundland there are two mascaras. One in a pink bottle called "Never Ending Story" and another in black called "Plump Up the Volume". The pink bottled masacara is for lengthening the lashes while the black bottle is for bolder lashes. Apart they create a mediocre mascara still better than most mascara's eight times their price. Together however they make an amazing budget mascara. Lashes are left defined and lengthened without any clumps. This mascara is also water proof so Ireland's rainy weather or the fact you're three weeks behind on college assignments will have nothing against this mascara. For £1 each these mascara's deserve so much more credit.


Collection Pressed Powder - £2.99


I have been an advocate of Rimmels Stay Matte Powder for a couple of years now. I never once strayed from that miracle worker. But after a slightly clumsy accident where I stood and crushed the plastic case and smushed the powder into my bedroom carpet I hastily headed in look of a cheaper alternative. It may only be £1 cheaper than Rimmel but when I could pay for this with a mound of 10p's inhabiting my coin purse I opted for the cheapest option. There is quite literally no difference between this powder and Rimmels Stay Matte. It lasts just as long as has the same coverage. Every pound counts right?

Make Up For You Make up brushes - £5.00 

These were a gift from my boyfriend but when I opened a 24 piece make up brush set I couldn't not ask how he manages to afford such quality make up brushes. When he told me £5 I almost inhaled my own tongue. I have had these brushes for nearly six months and use them daily. They have yet to shed and I have washed my foundation brush a grand total of once in this time. Make up doesn't cling to these and they are so soft I sometimes just rub them against my face while doing course work. I can't praise these enough. In the set are the following :

  •  Big Fan,
  •  Fan,
  •  Contour,
  •  Foundation,
  •  Powder,
  •  Lip,
  •  Concealer,
  •  Eye Brow Comb,
  •  Large Eyeshadow,
  •  Medium Eye Shadow,
  •  Short Eye Shadow,
  •  Angled Eye Shadow,
  •  Sponge Eye Shadow,
  •  Sponge Applicator,
  •  Smudge Brush,
  •  Eye Contour,
  •  Precise Eye,
  •  Angle Brow,
  •  Lash Brush,
  •  Eye Liner 
  • Precision Eye Liner
  • Brow,
  • Precision Lip
  • Eye Lash Comb

Unfortunately the price of these has rose to £20 but for 24 great quality brushes that is still amazing. Another thing to keep in mind is the price of Real Techniques brushes. For their price I expected much more than I got. I recommend these brushes far above Real Techniques.You can check these out here.

Those were my Beauty on a Budget picks from the last month or so. I saved so much money by doing this and I'll definitely be found around the cheaper beauty stalls in the chemists from now on. Thanks for reading and be sure to keep checking back for more. I'm going to try and be more active on here. Make sure to check out my tumblr, twitter, instagramfacebook and bloglovin' too. THANKS FOR READING :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe