My Year in Review (2014)

22:01:00

This year has been quite a busy one. I did so many things for the first time, I finished school, I got a job, I started college, I saw my favourite singer live and I fell in love. So here's my year in review. 


My year didnt really begin until Febuary. I discovered something amazing which changed my perspective on so many things. February also brought the first Valentine's Day I actually had a boyfriend for. However it wasn't at all as exciting as people make it out. 

(Myself and my boyfriend staying in on Valentine's Day because we're both too lazy to plan / leave the house.)


In March I saw KODALINE perform live in Belfast. Their support acts were a band called White Chalk and the now much anticipated James Bay. That night I got to hear my all time favourite song "All I Want" performed live and it's something that will stay with me forever. 



April brought the first time I had to really study for exams. I had my leavingcert oral exams for French and Irish and as I was studying honours in both it was quite a task. One thing I will remember vividly from this time is I spent the evening before my actual French Oral with my boyfriend at my local GAA pitch. I don't even play any sports. He claimed he helped me study and so we spoke french as we walked home as the sun set eating ice cream and sweets. I should have practiced more but I think laughing at dumb jokes and getting eaten alive by flies was WAAAY more beneficial. 

 
(This photo was taken in one of our hilarious irish classes just after our irish orals and these will be some of my fondest memories of secondary school. Laughing uncontrollably at nothing with one of my best friends while we should have been working. We actually got moved away from each other but managed to sneak back to our original seats. KATIE I LOVE YOU.)


With May came One Direction and 5SOS in Croke Park. While I love 1D and Harry Styles' beautiful face I thought 5 seconds of Summer were beyond perfect. We were on our feet for about seven hours straight and it rained on us for a while and I had to wear a huge yellow plastic rain coat which resembled a tent but it was so good to feel like I was twelve and scream HARRY at the top of my lungs. I also got the day after off school so yay bonus. 

(Myself and erin at One Direction) 


In June I not only completely my leaving cert exams but I finished school forever. I got to wave bye bye to my hated biology teacher and hello to a summer of eating, sleeping and blogging. 

(This was taken a couple of weeks after we finished school forever when we went to Katie's  for her 17th birthday.)


In July I saw Royal Blood, Jake Bugg and the Arctic Monkeys perform in Marley Park in Dublin. As usual I went with one of my best friends Erin (who I attend almost all my concerts with). It saw the return of the yellow tent coat and there are several images of me looking quite insatiable sat on dead grass unable to move as puddles collect around me. I also went to Limerick with my boyfriend to check out the uni down there. It was the first time I'd been allowed to actually stay so far away from home and it was so much fun.



In August I got my Leaving Cert results. I did waaaay better than I thought and I not only passed maths but I actually got a B2. I also got an A in business and B1's in History and English. I miraculously scraped an honour in Irish which is something I'll ALWAYS be proud of. August was also a very challenging month for me. I started to have massive doubts about choosing to attend a local college to study Journalism. I realised my personality simply didn't match that of a journalist which caused me massive anxiety. It also dawned on me that my boyfriend was leaving to attend his college which is over two hours from where we live. This added to the anxiety and caused me to go through a horrible time I never ever want to go through again. I also finished Simpsons hit and run this month and it may have been 7 years in the making but I'm SO PROUD.

(This was taken the week my boyfriend went to college and left me back home. I genuinely didn't want to get out of bed at that time but my friends organised a sleep over and it cheered me up so much so THANK YOU GUYS. Katie in the bg of this also gives me life.)


September was a mixed month. It started terribly as I was supposed to start college to study something I had wanted since I was 14. However on the morning of, I had a huge panic attack which caused me to completely break down in front of my parents who wouldn't allow me to go. However I found a remedy for the anxiety and a week later I managed to go. My parents got married a week after this. After 25 years together my parents had a very intimate wedding with myself and my brother as the only guests. It was so amazing to be able to see my own parents express their love for one another after so long. After the wedding my parents flew off to Crete for two weeks, leaving me alone. I initially thought I'd be terrified but it turned out to be some of the best time of my year. I impromptu dip dyed my hair blue, and skipped college a couple times. I also got properly drunk with one of my best friends katie in her college apartment on cheap vodka. We played never have I ever and got so drunk we completely forgot the rules of the game so just kept drinking. I confessed my love to my boyfriend over and over via drunk texts and accidentally called him ugly. I hadn't laughed so much for over a month and it helped me so much. I don't think I ever thanked katie for that night so heres to you katie 👊 



I turned 18 in October. Becoming an adult didn't change much. I didn't feel a sudden sense of knowledge. I couldn't miraculously make better decisions. I also saw Ed Sheeran live for the first time. I've  rambled on about this amazing experience in a previous blog post. You should check that out ;) Safe to say it was amazing. I got drunk with my boyfriend for the first time this month too and he ended up having to walk me home as I'd lost my ability to walk three hours after we left for the party. Top lad. 



November First marked one year since myself and my boyfriend first got together in a friends empty bedroom and I was too scared to kiss him properly. I also got a job in a hotel, and saw my favourite YouTuber BriBry perform in Belfast. Myself and Erin also got our photo taken with him. There was no more than 300 people at this gig which meant it was beautifully intimidate. It was by far one of the best gigs I've been to this year.  

(This was taken at the end of the gig in the pouring rain and poor Bribry wasn't even wearing shoes. Actual life goal complete.)



December was a huge mish mash. I fled to my boyfriends student accommodation in Sligo, skipping college and falling behind on work. I didn't want to go home and used every excuse not to do so. However when I did finally go home everything was fine and dandy. I actually went out to a club with my friend katie and a bunch of her friends and had one of the best nights out I've  ever had. However the day after my night out my dad was taken into hospital where he'd stay for a week. The doctors didn't initially understand what was wrong with dad but we soon found out he had heart failure and would need a serious life style change. Everything looked slightly terrifying and we didn't think he'd be home for Christmas. I'd had a pretty emotionally straining latter half of the year but this was by far the hardest thing I'd ever been through. However at 6pm on Christmas Eve dad was told he could go home. Since then he's been doing fine but it's all a bit to get used to. 

(Myself and Katies roommate Orla after very little alcohol but we were feeling very very drunk. Somehow we ate lemon slices at the bar and photo bombed everyone. Amazing night.)


So that's my year! I hope that it picks up and becomes at least a little less straining. However I can't even explain how happy I am that dad is doing better. As long as dad stays healthy and home in 2015 I'll have had a good year. I hope your year has been good and that 2015 brings amazing things 😍

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe